Sharing a recipe for 一品锅 or 大四喜 as how i named this dish i prepared yesterday. Da Si Xi because i used less ingredients as compared to a typical Yi Pin Guo and also less luxury ingredients hence its economical enough to prepare for daily meals.
In this dish, i used broccoli, shiitake mushrooms, roasted meat, razor clams and chicken thigh.
For a Yi Pin Guo you can add in roasted duck, abalone, duck feet, fish maw, pacific clams, chicken meat, beancurd skin.
Da Si Xi: Serves 4.
Ingredients used :
– 2 Pieces of chicken thigh
– half can of razor clams
– 1 Cup of roasted meat
– 10 Big shiitake mushrooms
– Broccoli (to your preference)
– 3, 4 slices of ginger
Seasoning Used :
– 1 cup of stock from the razor clams
– 1 teaspoon of corn starch
– 1 teaspoon of sugar
– a dash of pepper
– five spices powder
– 1 tablespoon of oyster sauce
– 1 tablespoon of shao xing hua diao wine
– 1 tablespoon of dark soya sauce
– 1 teaspoon of sesame oil
– 1 cup of hot water
Preparation: (takes around 1 hour)
1. Marinate the chicken thigh with salt, pepper, sesame oil, corn starch and five spices powder. Put aside for at least half an hour.
2. Cut up the mushrooms & broccoli , slice some ginger
3. Stir fry the mushrooms, ginger and marinated chicken in a saucepan
4. Pour the oyster sauce, dark soya sauce, hua diao wine into the hot water, mix well
5. Once the chicken and mushrooms are 70% cook, pour in the sauce prepared in step 4
6. Continue boiling and transfer to a bigger pot
7. Throw in the broccoli in the big pot with the chicken and mushrooms, add in the razor clam and the stock
8. Cover the pot to simmer (20 mins)
9. Throw in the roasted meat and continue to cover the pot simmering the ingredients. Add in hot water if necessary
10. Open the lid and check and stir constantly, add in hot water if sauce is low.
11. You are ready to serve once all the meat absorbed the flavour.
p.s. i have posted a vegetarian inspired yi pin guo recipe! Click here to read 🙂